Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I tell if I need a thermostat or a new water pump for my 94 Honda Accord?

The engine is overheating after about thirty minutes of driving.

The oil and anti-freeze levels are fine.

The top radiator hose gets hot, as does the radiator itself.

The heater works fine, blows hot air.

From advice I received, I am gambling on changing the thermostat, but would like to be sure I'm not wasting time and money.

Also, does anyone know of any links which have videos or diagrams of how to change a 94 Honda Accord thermostat?

Thanks!How can I tell if I need a thermostat or a new water pump for my 94 Honda Accord?
start with a thermostat and see.



all you have to do is start at the top hose on your radiator and follow it to the top of your engine. under that spot of the hose is the thermostat. loosen that and take out the thermostat.

Make sure you Have a thermostat and gasket Prior to taking it apart, unless u have another way to an auto store.

No comments:

Post a Comment