Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you change the thermostat in a 1997 mercury sable?

I just need to know where its located, what tools I need.How do you change the thermostat in a 1997 mercury sable?
OK, first, you have to be kidding. If you have no knowledge or tools, DON'T try. I'm sure someone in your %26quot;circle%26quot; of friends can do it for you. If not, take it to a shop and have it done properly (won't cost much.)How do you change the thermostat in a 1997 mercury sable?
Follow the top radiator hose to the engine block, it ends at the thermostat housing. Mine is a 5/8 ths bolt on my 95. You will also need a screwdriver for the hose clamp, possibly a scraper to scrape off the old gasket if there is one, the new thermostat, gasket and new coolant. I would replace the upper hose while I was at it.
  • tvs
  • asian hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment