Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm trying to change the thermostat in my car?

I have a 95 Monte Carlo Z34. Anybody know a site I can go to for instuctions? Or better yet anybody know how to do it?I%26039;m trying to change the thermostat in my car?
OK, its not a bad job at all. To locate the thermostat follow the top radiator hose to the engine. On most cars the thermostat will be located under where the hose connects to the engine. So first remove the hose on the engine side. By the way do this when the engine is cool. Now remove the thermostat hosing. Usually two bolts. Now you should see the thermostat. Clean both mating surfaces, replace thermostat with new gasket, gasket sealer is recommended re-attach the cover and then attach the hose. Top off coolant. Your all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment