Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to check if Honeywell V8043E1012 value is working. I first changed thermostat and still no heat.?

I then traced the wiring but I'm not too sure if all the wiring is bad or that perhaps the value itself has shorted out. I am still able to manually open it and get heat while the other zones are on.

Is there a simple way to test the value without pulling down all the wiring ?????

Any and all suggestions are welcomeHow to check if Honeywell V8043E1012 value is working. I first changed thermostat and still no heat.?
You need to find the two leads coming from the valves coil. Using a voltmeter, check for 24V across the leads. If voltage is present and the valve does not open, its bad. If you do not get 24V and the thermostat is sending it, you have an open wire between the stat and valve. Could also be an open common usually jumped valve to valve.

No comments:

Post a Comment