Wednesday, November 24, 2010

OK, I Just changed my thermostat and had my Taurus flushed and filled (radiator)and still no heat from heater?

So my next guess is the heater core, if so, where is it and how hard is it to change ?OK, I Just changed my thermostat and had my Taurus flushed and filled (radiator)and still no heat from heater?
Bandit is correct despite the thumbs down someone gave him. You have to flush the heater core seperatly from the radiator, just disconnect both hoses at the fire wall and runa GENTLE stream of water through it in both directions. You will see how much rust and gunk comes out. Don't use too much pressure or you could damage the core causing it to leak into the car interior.OK, I Just changed my thermostat and had my Taurus flushed and filled (radiator)and still no heat from heater?
Its not the heater core. Means there is still air in the cooling system. Have to find that bleed port, on the highest point of the cooling system, and slowly open it to get the air out.OK, I Just changed my thermostat and had my Taurus flushed and filled (radiator)and still no heat from heater?
make sure you run the car long enough to get the engine warm. otherwise it will not blow heat. i know it is simple but sometimes i overlook the simple things.OK, I Just changed my thermostat and had my Taurus flushed and filled (radiator)and still no heat from heater?
There is a valve on the hoses that supply coolant to the heater. It is probably not working. Usually vacuum operated.OK, I Just changed my thermostat and had my Taurus flushed and filled (radiator)and still no heat from heater?
if you just flushed the radiator then that,s not going to help the heater core. you need to flush it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment