Wednesday, September 14, 2011

95 Jeep 2.5L, replaced faulty water pump and thermostat, bled system of air and I have no heat?

I have bled the whole system of air and I still don't have any heat. Before changing the water pump and thermostat I had a furnace in my jeep. Now it only blows air slightly warmer than the outside temperature. Heater-core doesn't seem plugged. The inside water temperature gage doesn't move off of the low end and the engine is warm. Engine might be running cool, but not that cool. Should I check the temperature sending unit? If so how? Everything worked fine prior to the water pump going and I did hit 260 on the gage for about 5 minutes. Can't find any wires melted or anything out of the ordinary. I don't want to change another thermostat but at this point it seems like my only option. Please help.95 Jeep 2.5L, replaced faulty water pump and thermostat, bled system of air and I have no heat?
Did you put the right temperature thermostat in? Check a repair manual to make sure you put one with the right temperature rating in.



Did you bleed the system while the heat was on? If not, you may have air trapped in the heater core



Or the blend control door may be stuck.
  • facial hair
  • migrating existing portal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment