Thursday, September 22, 2011

My central air wont stay on how do i fix it?

my central air unit comes on about once a week for a minute then shuts itself back off... it goes thru the fan in my furnace and when i put the fan on it will only turn on when the air kicks in. i tried changing the thermostat and checked the wires to see if there was short...what else can i do???

its really hot in my house so please help me quick!!!





i also cleaned the A coils alreadyMy central air wont stay on how do i fix it?
Um...call a repair man?My central air wont stay on how do i fix it?
Was it malfunctioning the same way before the stat was changed?

Shut the power off to the indoor unit,remove the thermostat,tie the red,yellow ,and green wires together,and turn the power back on to the indoor unit,this will eliminate the thermostat as the cause.It should run till the power is shut off . If it does the thermostat is the problem.

If it still is malfunctioning the problem is elsewhere but at least you know that it's not the stat and we can look at something else for the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment