Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I bypass the core heating system in my chevy 1999 malibu?

My car overheats lately I changed the thermostat and the sensor, I also took apart the fans, ran a toggle switch from the inside of my car directly to the fans. Still over heats!! Please help!How do I bypass the core heating system in my chevy 1999 malibu?
well you dont want to bypass anything.

Overheating can be from a few things, some of which you already tried.

Sensor and thermostat are quick and easy, you tried them.

Make sure belts are tight....

Fan is running...You tried.

Water pump might be bad... need to check, before starting core, and while cool, remove radiator cap, start car, as it warms up you should see radiator fluid flowing in radiator, if your not sure get a shops help.

Also engine problems like a head gasket could cause this.



At this point I would check belt and water pump.How do I bypass the core heating system in my chevy 1999 malibu?
so you made it so the radiator fan runs all the time?? and you are sure that the fan is actually running?

And you have a 50/50 mixture of coolant and water??

And you are sure that the thermostat is opening up?

And you are sure that the radiator cap is holding pressure? ( the cap is actually on the plactic over flow bottle just like the 98 malibu,,i believe)

Okay there is one more thing left: since you have an aluminum motor the coolant also circulates around the intake manifold and the cylinder head--this is to prevent any of the parts from warping from differnt temps on differnt parts.

SO there is a bleeder on a coolant line to get out all the air than can be trapped from this arrangement.

You have v6 engine? open the hood and look at the top of the motor in the front left side. You see the black metal line,,and the T connection to the motor,,with the 1/4 inch nut on the top?? thats a bleeder for the coolant line. Warm the car a little and use it to purge the air.

It may be the reason you are overheating.How do I bypass the core heating system in my chevy 1999 malibu?
Have radiator flow-tested. Might be clogged. May also be the water pump itself. And check to make sure you don't have a bleeder line on your engine for the coolant, it may have an air pocket in the pump. They are typically little long bronze looking screws on top of the water pump. Check coolant level as well, both in the radiator and your reservoir. How do I bypass the core heating system in my chevy 1999 malibu?
bypassing heater core will do nothing but give u no heat.....

flush System and change thermostat...How do I bypass the core heating system in my chevy 1999 malibu?
wel if its over heating bypassing heatcore is not going to do muchok first thermostat control the flow of coolant so it can cool in radiator... so doing that first was right thing but id bet if its still over heating is that the radiator is dirty and needs to be flush out or dip at a raditor shop redo the fans back to the way they was better they shoul drun when they need to cool not all the time.. most likely with that age of car just a dirty radiator you could remove it and take to a radiator shop ask them to boil it out it will then be like new again i bet thats the problemHow do I bypass the core heating system in my chevy 1999 malibu?
all you do is take the 2 hoses off the heater core, get a piece of pipe and 2 clamps. you won,t have heat this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment