Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What and why should I do to fix my car after 2 years of no use?

I have my bmw520 i off the road for last 2 years ,I don't think weather still in the cooling sistem,and now I want to use it again ,please can you tel me what to do before and how to top up with Water,and should I change the thermostat and oil filter. thanksWhat and why should I do to fix my car after 2 years of no use?
change your oil, check all your fluids like break fluid and transmission fluid maybe a new oil filter, let it run for a little while before you actualy drive it! bets of luckWhat and why should I do to fix my car after 2 years of no use?
Before you even try to start it, remove the spark plugs. Spray a little bit of butyl cellosolve or cylinder misting chemical into the spark plug holes, and let it sit overnight. This will unseize the pistons from the sidewalls and prevent any engine damage. With a little guidance, you should be able to turn the engine over without the plugs in it to force out the cleaner. Then install the plugs, and start the fellow up for real! I can't figure out what you are saying about the coolant. Use only BMW coolant!!! Also, be prepared to change the brake fluid, as it spoils every 2-3 years. This should prevent expensive brake repairs, like master cylinder and piston damage. Read you owner's manual, if you still have one. What year is this dude??

No comments:

Post a Comment