Wednesday, September 14, 2011

AC/Heat Thermostat problem!!!?

I live in an apartment and they have this thermostat without brand on it and no manual. All it has on the top is Auto, Fan, On and the bottom is Heat, Off and Cool. I do not know how to use it. There is a small screen and it was set at 77 degree (Save) and then (set). I want my apartment to be as low as 75 and as high as 77. I found myself keep changing the thermostat because it doesn't stay as I want. Sometimes, I found it as low as 71 in the morning or somtimes as high as 82 in the afternoon for no reason and the apartment is so hot!!!. Anybody has the same problem please help me out!!!AC/Heat Thermostat problem!!!?
It sounds like you have a programmable thermostat that has been preset, probably by the landlord. Leave the top switch at auto and the bottom on heat in the winter and cool in the summer. If you have south facing windows (Northern Hemisphere) then the sun can raise the temperature by 10 degrees easily during the afternoon. Talk to your landlord and see if he will reset the parameters. If he is paying the heat, then he will want to keep it cool at night, definitely lower than 75.AC/Heat Thermostat problem!!!?
Assuming that your landlord has preset this for you, let me tell you what I would do. As long as he/she isn't in your apartment all of the time, I would go to the store and purchase a new programmable thermostat and install it. Then, when you move, put the old one back. This will give you all the control you need.AC/Heat Thermostat problem!!!?
Yes, in the Winter leave the system on Heat, in the Summer leave it on Cool.

If the air seems stuffy at any time turn the Fan switch to On and that will help to circulate the air evenly.



If the thermostat is programmed properly and you can see what the coldest and hottest limits are (sounds like 75 and 77) then at no time it should go excessively beyond those degrees. Generally a system should bring the environment to + or - 1 degree of your setting.



I would say, Hey Landlord. Just start over from scratch and give me my settings please !



Also if you can live with it (wear long sleeves while home), an energy efficient indoor temperature is 68 degrees Farenheit;

and... I hope he's not using those crap $1.00 30 day filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment