Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have a 99 mercury cougar and the a/c wont cool, already put some of that cooling stuff and still... help?

I already added like a whole can and it started to cool but the air wasnt cold it was just cooler than before, i dont know what it is... is it that i need to change the thermostat or clean the system some how?? any advice??? thanxI have a 99 mercury cougar and the a/c wont cool, already put some of that cooling stuff and still... help?
there is a lot of things that go wrong with a/c systems, leaks,worn parts,bad relays,wiring, etc... you really need to bring it to a shop to diagnose it properly. if you add to much freon to the system it will cause MAJOR damage to Components of a/c system.MASTER TECH 28YRS.I have a 99 mercury cougar and the a/c wont cool, already put some of that cooling stuff and still... help?
Same thing happened to me but in a different type car: it was a worn out compressor, and it would have cost a lot to buy a new one and have it installed, so I suffered without a/c until I could buy a new car.I have a 99 mercury cougar and the a/c wont cool, already put some of that cooling stuff and still... help?
You may have air in the system. If your determined to fix it yourself, I recommend getting a A/C repair manual to help guide you through some steps. You can get them as cheap as 5.00 bucks on Ebay. Good luck with your project.....

No comments:

Post a Comment