Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I release an Airlock from a Nissan Serena?

i recently changed the thermostat on my nissan serena and now within 10 minutes of driving the temperature gauge goes right to the top, and when i stop the car there is a grumbling sound for about 5 seconds after i turn the engine off. Someone said it is probably an airlock and to loosen the rad cap. I have done this and again, within 10 minutes of driving the gauge rockets to the top and the engine grumbles. How can I get rid of this airlock? ThanksHow can I release an Airlock from a Nissan Serena?
Assuming you put the thermostat in the right way (hole to the top) all you need to do is jack the front of the car up a couple feet and bleed the air out. You can buy a special funnel that fits on the radiator. Fill the funnel about half way with coolant and run the engine with the heater on 'HOT%26quot; for 15-25 minutes or until there are no more bubbles coming up into the funnel. Be careful not to burn yourself with the hot coolant.How can I release an Airlock from a Nissan Serena?
I would suggest draining it off and re fill slowwwwlllly to prevent air lock. Just remove one of the hoses to drain it off.How can I release an Airlock from a Nissan Serena?
why did you change thermostat. Was it overheating? Look for an bleed nipple on one of the rad hoses.failing that drain system refill.Dnt wan to be bearer of bad news but have you checked for creamy substance under oil filler cap or bottom of dipstick.poss could have blown head gasket.How can I release an Airlock from a Nissan Serena?
it is proberley not an airlock it is proberley the head gasket.



Please with any car problems go to a garage and have it looked at for your safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment